After poring over the new Florida roster that was released Monday, some observations:
- The true freshmen who were not early enrollees have been assigned numbers: Brad Stewart (2), Marco Wilson (3), C.J. Henderson (5), Brian Edwards (6), Jake Allen (12), Donovan Stiner (13), Daquon Green (18), Shawn Davis (20), Malik Davis (31), Adarius Lemons (32), Lacedrick Brunson (34), Nick Smith (40), Ventrell Miller (51), Tedarrell Slaton (56), Elijah Conliffe (57), T.J. Moore (75), James Robinson (85), Zachary Carter (94).
- Even though Robinson is listed on the roster, he has not been cleared for enrollment yet. His status for the fall is uncertain at this point.
- Graduate transfer quarterback Malik Zaire will wear No. 8 (Rex Grossman’s old number). The dual-threat QB is listed at 6-foot, 225 pounds. Offensive lineman Jake Fruhmorgen, a transfer from Clemson, has not been assigned a number yet. He is listed at 6-5, 290.
- UF won over Slaton during the recruiting process by telling him he was being recruited to play defensive tackle — his preference, even though most schools were recruiting him as an offensive guard or tackle. But Slaton is listed as an offensive lineman on the roster. He’s also put on 10 pounds since he signed in February, going from 339 pounds to 349. Conliffe, who could see early playing time at defensive tackle, also has added some bulk, gaining seven pounds, up to 312.
- Defensive end Zachary Carter, one of the Gators’ highest-rated recruits, appears serious about making a push for immediate playing time. He’s obviously been hitting it hard in the weight room and at the training table. He’s gained 26 pounds since signing day and is now up to 263 pounds.
- The height and weight of the returning players do not appear to have been updated. Defensive end Antonneous Clayton is still listed at only 220 pounds, but he told members of the media in the spring that he is now about 250 pounds and plans to continue to bulk up. Defensive end Cece Jefferson said in the spring he was slightly under 250 pounds, but remains listed at 261.